- The pancake recipe is from the July/August 2015 Cook's Illustrated.
- The pancakes were created quickly: whisk together the dry ingredients, whisk together the wet ingredients, add the wet to the dry and whisk some more. Unlike pancakes made with white flour, you cannot over mix these.
- The pancakes were cooked on a griddle with the stove set to medium (5).
- The scrambled eggs were made with 4 large eggs, 2 tablespoons milk, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper. These were beaten lightly with a fork then cooked over medium-low heat (setting 4 on our stove) with some butter in a nonstick pan.
- Jimmy Dean frozen pre-cooked sausages were reheated in the microwave to cut down on the number of dirty pans. Breakfast for dinner always makes for a lot of dirty pans.
- A mimosa is equal parts orange juice and champagne.
- Menu: pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, mimosa
- The pancakes were very good. They were light and full of flavor which went very well with maple syrup (my topping); Diane topped hers with raspberry jam.
- Some of the pancakes were under cooked so there was some uncooked flour flavor.
- The leftover pancakes were frozen in individual zip-loc bags and reheated in the microwave. They were OK, but were heavier than when fresh having lost some of their fluffiness. Just add extra syrup and they're fine.